April 05, 2011

WoW Blogging Challenge, Day 02 – Why you decided to start a blog

This post is part of the WoW Blogging Challenge! Originally inspired by Saga at Spellbound.

-----------------------------------

Following on from yesterday's discussion, I'm meant to tell you why I decided to start a blog.

Hmm. This might get a wee bit waffly.

I guess there's no thrilling, bolt-out-of-the-blue reason I decided to start this blog. The idea had been floating around at the back of my mind for a few weeks, while I was looking for some purpose to my spare time. I'm notoriously bad at just enjoying spare time, and always feel I need to be achieving something. Occasionally that gets things done, but mostly I'm burdened with senseless guilt that all I do is play games and enjoy myself. Yep, I'm that silly.

The day I created this, I remember reading some really good blog posts (both WoW and non-WoW) and thinking that while I could only dream of writing as well as they did, or of making as good an observation, I wanted to take the plunge and give it my best shot.

If I'm totally honest, part of me was drawn to the sense of community that WoW bloggers seem to share. This game is my favourite hobby and getting to know other people in the community is a big incentive :)

One thing I can say without waffling is that having started, I intend to carry on - people have been kind enough to comment on a few of my posts and it's really heartening to see that people have dropped by.

Carrying on with the challenge, tomorrow's post will be about my first day in WoW. It might even be in story form, so if you're feeling like you have spare brain cells to lose...



First Challenge post - Introduce Yourself
Next Challenge post - Your first day playing WoW

No comments:

Post a Comment