September 28, 2011

Patch 4.3 Achievements (Or, The Darkmoon Timesink)

Just a quick roundup of the new achievements datamined from the PTR:

Darkmoon Faire
Blastenheimer Bullseye
Come One, Come All!
Darkmoon Defender
Darkmoon Despoiler
Darkmoon Dominator
Darkmoon Duelist
Darkmoon Dungeoneer
Faire Favors
Fairgoer's Feast
I Was Promised a Pony 
Quick Shot
Step Right Up
Taking the Show on the Road
The Darkmoon Faire Timesink arrives in patch 4.3 - I wouldn't rule out a meta achievement at this early stage. Call it a hunch but I also think that the cannon achievement will require more skill than luck. Darn it.

Dragon Soul/New 5-mans
Minutes to Midnight
Moon Guard
That's Not Canon!
It's hard to know much about getting these until the NPCs and their abilities get datamined out, or people report from the PTR. I'm hoping to get some PTR time in next week so in the name of SCIENCE I will investigate!

Lunar Festival
Elders of Cataclysm
That's 9 more elders to find! I have my work cut out finishing this meta when January arrives.

Midsummer Fire Festival
Extinguishing the Cataclysm
Extinguishing Northrend
Flame Warden of Cataclysm
Flame Warden of Northrend
All the bonfires could already be found in game (see here for co-ordinates), but didn't have any related achievements this year. Looks like next year I'll be doing them again for the points!

Winter Veil
A-Caroling We Will Go
We get to go caroling? I'm kind of excited, even if my thanks comes in the form of certain death. It looks like the sweater will be our under-the-tree present for 2011 but don't panic, carolers! Winter Veil will run from 15th December right through till 2nd January. Plenty of time to go regale the Horde (or Alliance, if you're so inclined) with our melodious tunes.

Feats of Strength
Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater (2011 Winter Veil Present)
MiniZep Controller (2010 Winter Veil Present)
Red Rider Air Rifle (2009 Winter Veil Present)
Vicious Gladiator (Season 9 Arena Title)
Vicious Gladiator's Twilight Drake (Season 9 Mount)

So there are 215 new achievement points up for grabs. This is just the start of datamining efforts and I expect we'll see a lot more uncovered as the PTR goes on. I'll be keeping this list updated and current as they appear so let me know if I've missed a new one at any point and I'll send you virtual cookies. They're absolutely 100% as tasty as real ones, if not better!

No comments:

Post a Comment